A Polytechnic Don, Seasoned Educationist and Administrator, Founder and Proprietor of TAIDOB College, Asero Estate, Abeokuta, Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria, Fellow Institute of Industrialists and Co-operate Administrators, Fellow Certified Institute of Management, a Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary Club of Nigeria, Incumbent Elected President of National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools, Ogun State chapter, he is the Chairman of Dr. Abayomi Jiboku Foundation.
Dr. Abayomi Oluwatosin Jiboku was born on 26th July, 1950 and hails from Abeokuta, in the Abeokuta South Local Government of Ogun State. His enviable academic career dated back to 1956 when he started his primary education at St. James African Primary School, Idi-Ape, Abeokuta, which he completed with good grades in 1962. Between 1964 and 1968, he had his Secondary Education at African Church Grammar School, Ita-Iyalode, Abeokuta.
Dr Jiboku thirst for education was high, and this impetus propelled him higher to Ijebu Ode Grammar School where he studied for his ‘A’ level programme in 1969, after which he opted for preliminary programme at University of Lagos. Between 1969 and 1974, Dr. Jiboku was a student of University of Lagos, where he studied Chemistry. He bagged a special Honours degree (B.Sc. Hons) in Chemistry in 1974. Ever ambitious as before, he forged ahead in his academic career by obtaining a Master’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, in 1976.
Dr Jiboku’s determination to be a distinguished, all-round professional in Chemistry motivated him to bag another Master’s degree in Physical Chemistry from Nigeria’s Premier University, University of Ibadan in 1983.
Dr Jiboku, an erudite scholar, went back to his Alma mater as a doctoral student between 1983 and 1987, where he obtained a doctorate degree (Ph.D) in Chemistry.
Dr Yomi Jiboku has attended many Local and International workshops/conferences where he had presented a sizable number of academic and professional papers. He attended a practical methodology course organised by Embassy CES Cambridge in the United Kingdom between 29th July and August, 2002. As a determined celebrated academic, Dr Jiboku proceeded to Washington Academy in the United States of America, where he obtained Diploma in Applied Computer Technology in April, 2003.
Among the notable Awards and Honours received to his credits include:
- 2007 Best Proprietor Award by Ogun State Government and Great Glorious Ventures in August, 2007
- Award for outstanding contribution to Education in Ogun State by Marveton Education in Ogun State by Marveton Education Development Agency on 27th October, 2009.
- Akinfimogbayi of Oke-Ona Egbalannd by HRM. Oba (Dr.) Adedapo Adewale Tejuoso.
- National Merit Award by Nigeria Rotract Multi District Information Organisation on 8th May, 2010.
- Fellow of the Chemical Society of Nigeria (FCSN) by Chemical Society of Nigeria on 23rd September, 2010.
- Fellow of the Institute of Industrialists and Cooperate Administrators (F.I.I.C.A) on 12th August, 2010.
- Distinguished Integrity Practitioner Award in Recognition of Excellent Contribution and Civic Responsibility in the field of anti-corruption crusade by NAVC Ogun State Chapter on 10th December, 2010.
- Most Outstanding Change Ambassador on Education by Thrust Leadership Consult Lagos on 25th June, 2011.
- Award of Distinguished Contributions to Sustainable Economic Development, Job Creation and Entrepreneurship, Efficient Human Resource Management and Visionary leadership by Centre of Advocacy against Corrupt Practices on 21st July, 2011.
- Diamond Award in Recognition of His Outstanding Contribution towards the Construction of 8-Classroom Mega Project by African Church Grammar School Abeokuta Old Students’ Association on 26th May, 2012.
- Award of Excellence as the Patron of the Association in recognition and appreciation of his dynamic and selfless services to the upliftment of the educational sector in Ogun State at large by National Association of Ogun State Students’ (NAOSS National Body) on 4th July, 2012.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D) by Common-wealth University Belize, Institute of Arts and Science on 27th July, 2012.
- Fellow of Certified Institute of Management on 29th December, 2012.
- Elected President, National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS) on 28th February, 2013
Dr Jiboku’s dream to impart knowledge blossomed into reality when he started his teaching career at Government Secondary School, Malfanshi and Saminaka in the then Kaduna State, during his National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme in 1976.
In 1976, he joined the Advanced Teachers’ College, a division of Ahmadu Bello University, Kano as an Assistant Lecturer. He was there till March, 1977. In April, 1977, he joined the Ogun State Polytechnic as Lecturer II. He lectured there in various capacities and he rose to the position of Principal Lecturer before his voluntary retirement in 2002.
Dr Abayomi Jiboku’s contributions towards educational standard during Chief Olusegun Osoba led Administration in Ogun State, brought about his appointment as Director General of Bureau of Lands, Survey and Town Planning. While in the Ministry he invested his vast and unique experience that brought about positive changes in the system. However, his administration was interrupted by Military intervention of 1994, when he left the Ministry.
As a proof to his administrative acumen as Director General of Lands, he was appointed the Sole Administrator of Ifo Local Government in Ogun State. He held that position creditably well and the Local Government was radically transformed. He left the office after the completion of Local Government election, which ushered in a new elected Chairman.
Presently, Dr Jiboku is the Proprietor and Chairman, Governing Council of TAIDOB College, Asero Housing Estate, Abeokuta.
The College is an approved private secondary school and a product of Dr. Jiboku’s vision to render life transforming services to humanity.